Chicken Coops and Hen Houses – Build a Chicken Coop Or Hen House That’s Right For Your Flock
A quick search on the internet will throw up a load of hen house and chicken coop plans, or any amount of information you’d need for a pet or farm project for your backyard. It’s a great idea to have something like this on hand before you start building hen houses or chicken coops as they’ll save you both time and money in the long run. Below, I’ll provide some quick tips to help you decide the best chicken coop plans for you. รับสร้างบ้านโคราช
1) Location, Location, Location! Position your chicken coop away from your house but in a position where it will get the most sun all day long.
2) Ease of Access. Position and build with access in mind. You need to able to easily clean and hose out the hen houses, and also take in and out food and water.
3) Where are you constructing your coop? Are you making it in your workshop or on site? On site is definitely best as it will save on transportation and some hen houses can be quite big and awkward to move. Heavy too!
4) Starting off small doesn’t mean it will stay that way! Even if you’re only starting with 2 or 3 chickens it’s best to have hen houses that will fit more. Why? A large majority of chicken fans end up increasing the flock quite quickly. Better to prepare now than have to build a chicken house for more birds later.
5) Flooring. Ideally have the chickens available to scratch around on fresh ground in part of the coop. Have a wooden floor with dry grass or sawdust for the rest.